All rugs on offer on this website without exception are custom-made according to the customer's specifications. The customer is able to specify their requirements, either through tweaking and changing the parameters provided such as size and colour, or by providing their own bespoke specs.
The Rug Tailor was created as a tool for customers to get the exact rugs they are looking for, which in turn should eliminate the need for returning a purchased item. We offer a number of pre-order support services (should a customer wish to take advantage of them) to make sure that the commissioned product meets the expected standards and specified features.
Pre-Order Support services include:
- London showroom with thousands of texture samples and colours.
- Quality samples and colour samples lending service (where available).
- Colour matching service, according to the internationally recognised Pantone TCX Pallette.
- Advice on the type of product suitable for the setting and lifestyle.
Return & Refund Policy:
- Custom and bespoke rugs are different to the rugs that are available “off the shelf” as they are specifically created for you to your order. As such, rugs ordered through this website, whether ordered online, on the telephone or in person, are non-returnable and non-refundable.
- It is important to check all the details of your order carefully to ensure all your requirements are recorded correctly. Once your order is accepted by us, it will go into production and cannot be changed.
- Cancellation is possible within 48 hours of placing an order, and a full refund will be issued for orders so cancelled. Please allows 7 days for the refund to be processed.
- Cancellation after 48 hours of placing an order is possible, however only 50% of the full value of the order will be refundable.
- On delivery, please promptly check that the delivered order is correct. In the event of any damage or discrepancy, please let us know immediately (see our Contact Us page for how to get in touch) and we will work with you to find a solution that is acceptable to you.
- Orders are deemed to have been “accepted” if we do not hear from you within 48 hours of delivery of your order.
- Orders are non-returnable unless the delivered piece(s) is/are the wrong item(s) (i.e. not what you ordered) or if the item is faulty.
Every order is important to us and we take extra care to ensure that we use reputable and reliable manufacturers to create our pieces. In the unlikely event that the delivered piece(s) is/are incorrect or faulty and the discrepancy or fault is notified within 48 hours of receipt, an exchange or a refund will be available to the customer and we will work with the customer to reach a satisfactory outcome. Please note that the following will not be accepted as faults:
- Due to the nature of the product (i.e. handcrafted) there is a small degree of tolerance in size, thickness and colour that will not be considered as a discrepancy or fault (see Terms & Conditions page for further details).
- Shedding is a natural characteristic of new wool and new viscose rugs. Such rugs tend to lose a lot of fibres with use. This is perfectly normal and the shedding will reduce over time. Of course, the bigger the rug, the more shedding will be noticable.
- Sprouting is also a natural characteristic of new handmade rugs where some fibres stick out from the surface. This sometimes happens due to some long fibres hiding in the rug during the shearing and finishing processes. The long fibres can be cut with a pair of sharp scissors. Sprouting constitute part of the maintenance of some types of handmade rugs.